Hi, Oclemy here. Talk to me: email@example.com
MVVM Firebase CRUD + Room Offline First Project
This is a perfect project to use as a template or learn Firebase, Room and MVVM Design pattern while creating a full project in Java. These are currently hot technologies and it’s not easy to find a full project that has is high quality yet easy to understand and customize. We design these projects of ours primarily to help beginners who want to learn faster but in the right manner.
This project will teach you how to write data to Firebase Realtime Database, Read from it, show in a recyclerview , view details, edit data and also delete an item. Thus you can be creative and create a new unique project since those are the operations that you majorly need.
Here are the UI interfaces we create for example:
|1.||SplashActivity||Useful for portraying your brand to your app users.|
|2.||DashboardActivity||Center of our app. Acts like our homepage.|
|3.||ListingActivity||Will host our fragments.|
|4.||DetailActivity||Will show details of a single clicked item.|
|5.||CRUDActivity||One activity that allows us do three things: POST DATA, UPDATE DATA and DELETE DATA.|
|6.||LatestFragment||Will render items fetched from Room(SQLite database).That is our Firebase data that is cached locally.|
|7.||ListingFragment||If there is no data in our SQLite database this fragment will automatically be opened and it will fetch our data, cache it locally and render it in a recyclerview.|
|8.||SearchFragment||Will allow us to search and filter our data.|
Major Concepts and Technologies You’ll Learn
- Caching Firebase data in SQLite using Room.
- Firebase realtime database CRUD operations.
- Model View ViewModel and Lifecycle components like MutableLiveData.
- Creating a full real world project with several user interfaces like dashboard, listing, detail crud, search/filter,tabs etc.
- Using several widgets like RecyclerView, CardViews, CollapsingToolbarLayout, SingleChoiceDialogs, MaterialDatePicker,material edittexts, MaterialLetterIcon, SearchView, TabLayout and ViewPager etc
- Using transition as well as widget animations.
This is a full Firebase Realtime Database Project perfect for students who want to master:
- A Full Application creation with several screens like Splash screen,dashboard screen, listings screen, swipe fragments with recyclerviews, detail screen, editing screen etc
- MVVM(Model View ViewModel) – a recently introduced design pattern that allows us create high quality apps.
- Firebase Realtime Database – For data storage. You’ll learn how to perform all the CRUD operations – Create Read Update Delete.
- Room – An abstraction over SQLite. Through room you don’t have to write complex SQL statements to save data.
- ViewModel and LiveData – is a lifecycle component that exposes data to the UI. It helps in decoupling business logic code from UI.
In short we are giving you a template to use to create a new app while learning. The code is well tested and and in case of any bug we’ve missed we are available and will be ready to help.